The water distribution Co-operative Societies formed by the farmers beneficiaries will get the following facilities from the Government.
- The Societies will get 10% of the water rates collected based on the cropping pattern and approved rates by the Government. The amount can be kept as working capital.
- For repair and maintenance of the water course in the command of the society, the Government will give Rs. 5/- per meter length of water course to the societies.
- Managerial subsidy at the rate of Rs. 600/- per Ha for the one time payment.will be granted by the Government, which will be contributed by the Central Governent at the rate of Rs.270/- per Ha and State Government at the rate of Rs.270/- per Ha. and W.U.A has to contribute Rs.60.00 per ha.
- The Water User's Associations( W.U.A.) registered as Class-V in the Water Resources Department,the works of maintainance of canal/ water course/ Field channels is awarded without call of tender to the W.U.A. who have registered as Class-V contractor in W.R.D.at the estimated cost prepared based on prevailing Goa Scheduled of Rates.
The formation of societies and handing over the water distribution to the societies have helped in equitable distribution of water where earlier there were problems.
Person to be contacted for more details:
- Superintending Engineer â€“ CADA.
- Credit Incharge in the office of the Superintending Engineer, CADA , Irrigation Complex, Gogal, Margao.